The primary job of a home’s roof and gutters is to protect the home from water damage. This means that they must be able to withstand rain and other weather conditions, including wind and hail.
In addition to protecting the home from water damage, roofs and gutters also help keep the house cool in the summer months by allowing air to circulate through the house.
Your roof and gutters are the first line of defense against the elements. They prevent rain, snow, and sleet from damaging your home. In addition, they protect the inside of your home from water damage by channeling rainwater away from your foundation.
When gutters and roofs get dirty, they lose their effectiveness in protecting your home. Dirty roofs and gutters can cause leaks that lead to mold growth inside your house. In addition, dirty roofs and gutters can add excess weight to your home, which may cause structural issues over time.
To keep your roof and gutter in good shape, it is important to pressure wash them regularly. You should pressure wash them at least once a year or more, depending on how often it rains or snows where you live. If you want to make sure that you are doing everything possible to protect your home from water damage caused by dirty roofs or gutter systems, then you should consider hiring professionals who specialize in cleaning these items for commercial properties such as apartment buildings or hotels
If you notice that your roof or gutters are getting clogged or dirty, please give us a call right away to get in touch with our pressure washing contractor and make sure everything is safe for you and your family. Visit our website at https://powerwashingrhodeisland.com/
for more information regarding roof and gutter cleaning.
Signs It’s Time To Have Your Roof And Gutters Pressure Washed
It’s time to have your roof and gutters pressure washed when you notice:
Moss and algae grow on the roof or gutters. This is a sign of dirt and grime that has been building up for quite some time. Your roof and gutters will need more frequent cleaning if they are regularly exposed to moisture, such as during a rainstorm.
- Mold appears on your roof or gutters. Mold is another sign of excessive moisture buildup in your home’s exterior, which can be dangerous for your health if left untreated.
- The paint on your roof or gutters starts to peel off. This could indicate that water is leaking into the home through the ceiling or walls and rotting out the wood underneath it—or it could mean that there is rot in the wood itself from all those years of exposure, making it unsafe for you and your loved ones to live in this space any longer!
- Your roof is discolored. Roofs can get discolored when they’re exposed to sunlight, moisture, and rain. If your roof is developing a dull or faded appearance, it might be in need of cleaning.
- If you haven’t had your roof and gutters pressure washed recently, it’s probably time to get them done. Here are some signs that it’s time to have them cleaned.
- They’ve been there for more than five years: Pressure washing removes moss and other forms of algae that grow on your roof, which can help prevent leaks in the future. If you don’t clean off this type of growth regularly, it can lead to serious damage in addition to making your home look less attractive.
- You see discoloration around the edges: When water collects on your roof or gutters after rain or snowfall, it can leave stains behind as it dries out over time—and those stains may be an indication that something is wrong with your system (such as a leak). To avoid this problem, have your roof and gutters power-washed every two years or so.
Benefits of Having Your Roof and Gutters Power Washed
If you’re looking for a way to improve the look of your home, or if you’re trying to sell it in the near future, there’s no better place to start than with your roof and gutters.
If you’ve never had them pressure washed before, you might think that they are already clean. However, as time goes on, roofing materials can become covered with dirt and oil from the environment. This can make them look old and dirty even when they are actually in good condition.
In addition to improving the appearance of your home, having your roof and gutters pressure washed will help extend their life expectancy by reducing runoff that could damage them over time. When leaves and other debris build up on your roof, they can cause leaks or damage from heavy rains or snowfall—something that is much less likely to happen when they are clean.
How Much Does It Cost To Have Your Roof and Gutter Power Washed
The cost of having your roof and gutters power washed depends on the size of your roof, what kind of roof it is, and whether it needs pre-treatment.
A small house with a flat roof will cost between $200 and $300, while a larger house with a pitched or tile roof can cost between $300 and $400. A normal-sized home should be in the middle range at around $300 to $400.
The type of roof also matters when determining how much it will cost to have your roof power-washed. Flat roofs are easier to clean than curved or sloped roofs because they don’t require special equipment or additional materials to get the job done. Power washing a flat roof only requires a truck with a spray wand attached to its water tank; this allows the water pressure from inside the tank (at about 3,000 psi) to shoot out through the wand’s nozzle at up to 20 miles per hour. This high velocity allows it to clean away dirt, algae, dust mites, pollen spores, and other contaminants that might be clogging up your gutters or other parts of your home’s exterior surfaces like windowsills or siding panels. It also helps keep these surfaces looking fresh.